Vacancy: Puppy Development and Training Manager
Auckland Based/ 37.5 hours a week - working from home, travel involved.
Closing Date for applications 18th December 2020 (we will be in touch from Jan 4 2021).
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Mimi Hooper: email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Assistance Dogs New Zealand Trust (ADNZT) is looking for a Puppy Development and Training Manager. Join a small, passionate team that is dedicated to enriching the lives of New Zealander's living with a disability. Our team all work remotely from home and travel is required. This new role will help to shape the future of our life-changing program and will allow the organisation to grow over the coming years.
- Managing 2 direct reports and providing ongoing technical support to ADNZT Puppy Development and Dog Training staff throughout New Zealand.
- Work with a team of Puppy Development Coordinators and Dog Training Coordinators to ensure the ADNZT staff and stock interests are met in order to produce the highest quality trained dogs.
- Always consider the welfare of the staff, dogs, reputation and accreditations of ADNZT and the special needs of their clients.
- Contribute to matching process.
- Contribute to the Breeding Committee to ensure breeding programme meets ADNZT standards and requirements and appropriate breeding standards.
- Provide technical knowledge that enables processes be written and maintained related to dog training and puppy development.
- Contribute to fundraising and marketing activities where required.
- Internationally recognised dog training qualification – International Guide Dog Federation or equivalent
- Canine Health and Husbandry or equivalent
- Canine Behaviour or equivalent
- Reliable, proactive, motivated, conscientious;
- Empathetic and caring towards staff at all times;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Collaborative and adaptable to change.