Vacancy: Qualified Dog Trainer
Auckland Based/ 30 or 37.5 hours a week - working from home, travel involved.
Closing Date for applications Wednesday 23 Feb 2022 (we will be in touch from Feb 28 2022).
Please send your CV and a cover letter to Mimi Hooper: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Assistance Dogs New Zealand Trust (ADNZT) is looking for a Dog Trainer to join a small, passionate team that is dedicated to enriching the lives of New Zealanders living with a disability. Our team all work remotely from home and travel is required. This role will help to shape the future of our life-changing program and will allow the organisation to grow over the coming years.
To assess, train and support all assistance dogs on the training program when they commence formal training.
Other duties include:
· Participating in the matching of suitable dogs to clients.
· Assisting with information for the ADNZT Breeding program when required.
The ADNZT dog training role is central to the delivery of our mission, whom both instructors and clients of the assistance dogs service will depend.
- Internationally/nationally recognised dog training qualification
- Canine Health and Husbandry or equivalent
- Canine Behaviour Qualification or equivalent
- Reliable, proactive, motivated, conscientious;
- Empathetic and caring towards staff at all times;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills;
- Collaborative and adaptable to change.